Covid-19 – Our Health & Safety Message
We’re delighted to announce the re-opening of our pubs, patios and dining rooms on the 4th July 2020.
We’ve been waiting for this moment for several months, which has given us the time to plan for a new way of doing things to ensure that all our properties remain a safe space for our guests and employees to enjoy over the coming months.
We’ve stepped up additional precautionary measures across all our businesses. We highlight a few of them below;
- All our restaurants maintain the highest possible level of hygiene and are, as always, cleaned regularly and meticulously with sanitisers, now so more than ever. We have been kitted out with extra hand sanitiser so please feel free to make use of this during your time with us.
- Our team has been fully briefed on the current government requirements and is undertaking extreme levels of health and safety procedures to ensure that guests and other staff members are safe.
- We have reduced the number of tables in our restaurants to maximise space around diners and have changed our standard service procedures – for example we’ll only bring cutlery out with a food order, and we’ve reduced table clutter to a minimum. Our team will be standing at a further distance from our guests and minimising close contact where possible.
Thank you for all your support, and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to welcoming you at our pubs soon!
The Baiting House Collection Team
EXPANDED HEALTH & SAFTETY PROCEDURES. STAYING COVID-19 SECURE IN 2020
THE BAITING HOUSE COLLECTION, JULY 2020
We confirm we have complied with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19.
MAIN STEPS TO ENSURE WE ARE WORKING TOGETHER SAFELY
- We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and the results will be shared with the people who work across our businesses
- We have additional cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in place according to current government guidelines
- We have taken all reasonable steps to assist our team members that are able to work from home
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a distance in the workplace, again in accordance with current government guidance.
- Where our staff and guests cannot be sufficiently apart, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk
- We have implemented rigorous cleaning procedures in all parts of our business
STAFF ATTIRE & PROCEDURES
- Team members have been contacted and assessed for Personal health concerns
- Familial health concerns which could impact team members returning for work have been addressed and have been eliminated
- Arriving for work all team members will be temperature checked daily, asked for COVID-19 symptoms and will be asked to immediately wash their hands before proceeding through any of our buildings
- Uniforms are washed at 60º and worn clean every day. If on a split shift, clean aprons will worn for each service.
- All team members will be provided with face masks and / or shields (to be worn when required or when they consider it to be appropriate) and gloves as and when required.
ENHANCED STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES
- Menus will be used once and disposed of. A QR code will be offered to dinners to look at the wine list and menus from their own devices through our website. We’re also working on an app, but there are only so many hours in the day!
- We will be reducing the number of team members attending each table and have a strict area for each team members and their sections.
- For still, sparkling or tap water, the first glass will be poured and the bottle left on the table for the guest to refill. There will be no more jugs or topping up of water by our front of house team.
- We will be using high quality paper napkins on the tables.
- After every interaction with a guest which results in contaminated contact (e.g. removing plates/glasses from a table), staff are required to wash/ sanitise their hands
- Hand sanitisers and wipes are made available for both staff and guest use in all areas
- Disposable gloves will be used by team members for preparation and cleaning
- Face masks will be available and mandatory for all team members (disposable one for in-between service). Additional masks will be available for guests if requested.
- Scheduled sanitising of all shared surfaces every 30 minutes.
- No physical contact such as handshakes, high fives, hugs etc will be permitted
- Guests will have access to hand sanitizers throughout their time with us
WELCOMING OUR GUESTS
Upon entering our restaurants we will kindly ask our guests to;
- Sanitise hands with provided hand sanitisers
- To confirm that they are not experiencing any COVID symptoms
- We may take the liberty to check our guests temperature. If we notice a high temperature it may result in the reservation being cancelled with our reception team to follow up the next day to reschedule.
DELIVERIES ACROSS ALL OUR BUSINESSES
- We are fully briefed on all our suppliers processes and hygiene procedures and have approved these
- Deliveries will be dropped by supplier to specific area for individual restaurants
- Deliveries are checked by a dedicated senior member of the team
- All third-party delivery boxes will be wiped and sanitized
WELCOME TO OUR ROOMS, LODGES & COTTAGES
Guests staying with us overnight will be reminded of social distancing guidelines pre arrival. We will ask guests that stay with us to complete a form that confirms that they are not showing any symptoms of Covid-19.
In addition to our usual high cleaning standard we follow the below procedures:
- All housekeeping staff will be requested to wear a face masks and gloves at all times while cleaning the guest rooms. They will be changed in the event of cross contamination with each room at each point and hands are washed frequently. Gloves will also be changed when cleaning the bathroom and when collecting bedding and towels.
- Carts, trolleys and equipment are sanitized at the start and end of each shift
- In accordance with our standard procedures all doors and windows are opened during cleaning to ensure adequate ventilation
- Cleaning is done in a clockwise movement around the room to avoid retouching any surfaces.
- Disinfectant is sprayed on all surfaces, including items like TV remote control, telephone handset, kettle, door handles, light switches, and curtain wands etc. Disinfectant sits for the recommended period to ensure it has time to kill any bacteria.
- All hard surfaces in the room are dusted and wiped with sanitiser.
- Remove Personal Protective Equipment before exit. Dispose/contain properly to avoid cross-contamination. Place it into a specific and identified waste bag (coated or lined bag)
- Perform hand hygiene for at least 20 seconds
- All room keys will be disinfected prior to the guests arrival
- Wherever possible we’ll arrange for contactless check in. Payment MUST be made before arrival.
- If contactless checkin is not possible, only one guest to check in with remaining guests waiting outside or in their vehicle.
- Announcement will be placed in each room to remind guests to follow social distancing advice and clean their hands regularly and well as advise of any additional information
- Payment to be taken over the phone and final invoice will be emailed to the guest to avoid additional contact.
You can do your bit too – click HERE to see how our customers can play their part in helping keep themselves, their fellow guests and our team members safe.